If you’ve always wanted to know what it was like to scuba dive and heard that Costa Rica scuba diving is some of the best in the world, then our beginner level Marino Ballena Discover Scuba Tour is the perfect opportunity for you.
Marino Ballena Discover Scuba Info:
Junior Discover Scuba Diving:
- All elements of the course must be completed to dive (DVD, quiz and pool skills)
- 10 & 11 year olds and parent or guardian must watch “Youth Diving: Responsibilities & Risks” before starting training
- Children under 18 must have PADI release forms signed by a parent or guardian before starting training
The Marino Ballena National Park protects 9 miles of Costa Ballena’s beaches, over 400 acres of land as well as over 13000 acres of ocean. There are several reasons the park was protected in the first place, but the most important is that the largest coral reef on the Pacific Coast of Central America runs directly through its protected waters. The underwater environment that makes up this reef system is truly magnificent and the Costa Rica marine life you will encounter is extremely varied and abundant.
More than 80 species of fish, sea mammals, turtles and other fascinating creatures make “El Parque Nacional Marino Ballena” their home. It won’t take you long to see that scuba diving Marino Ballena National Park is heaven on earth, albeit underwater. You won’t get a better chance to cross scuba diving off your bucket list, and now with our brand new Uvita dive shop, your timing couldn’t be better. Diving locally means you leave later and spend more time in the water, allowing you to get the most out of your vacation time. Give scuba a try. Diving can change your life!
This experience can be conducted in a full day and requires no previous diving experience, but students should have, at the very minimum, basic swimming skills as well as be in reasonable health.
Give the world’s most popular introduction to scuba a try. Diving can change your life!
PADI Discover Scuba Course:
- A short DVD will explain dive fundamentals, techniques and theory
- Next you will review the most important points with one of our skilled Instructors or Divemasters, who will also answer any questions you may have
- Once you are comfortable with the coursework provided, you will, under the direct supervision of one of our PADI professionals, discover how easy it is to use scuba in a pool
- Once you are completely comfortable with the skills you have learned and with breathing underwater, you will proceed to do 2 ocean dives at wonderful Marino Ballena National Park