If you want to see the beauty of what diving in Costa Rica’s tropical waters have to offer without committing to a certification course, then then our Caño Island Discover Scuba Tour is perfect for you. Known both locally and globally as a premier scuba diving location, the Caño Island Biological Reserve is the perfect place to experience the best that Costa Rica scuba diving has to offer.
Caño Island Discover Scuba Information:
Children and Discover Scuba:
- All elements of the experience must be completed to dive (DVD, quiz and pool skills)
- 10 & 11 year olds and parent or guardian must watch “Youth Diving: Responsibilities & Risks” before starting training
- Children under 18 must have PADI release forms signed by a parent or guardian before starting training
- Give the world’s most popular introduction to scuba diving a try. Diving can change your life!
Home to over 70 species of fish, whales, dolphins, turtles and other fascinating underwater marine life, “La Reserva Biológica Isla del Caño”, is an underwater paradise. Set far enough offshore that it sits within a huge Pacific Ocean current, amazing marine creatures from near and far live in or pass through the reserve during their seasonal migrations. The variety of Costa Rican sea creatures that can be seen when you dive or snorkel here is truly breathtaking. Once you have completed all your classwork and confined dives, you will join your instructor for two dives at Caño Island. The trip to Caño Island starts early in the morning and returns in the late afternoon but is worth every minute, as you get to see the beautiful coastline on the way there and back, as well as the spectacular Costa Rica marine life once you dive beneath the waves. There is no better place to spark a love of scuba diving than Isla del Caño.
This experience takes at least a day to complete and requires no previous diving experience, but students should have at the very minimum, basic swimming skills as well as be in reasonable health
PADI Discover Scuba Tour
- First you will watch a short DVD explaining dive fundamentals, techniques and theory
- Next you will review the most important points with one of our skilled Instructors or Divemasters, who will also answer any questions you may have
- Once you are comfortable with the coursework provided, you will, under the direct supervision of one of our PADI professionals, discover how easy it is to use scuba in a pool
- Once you are completely comfortable with the skills you have learned and with breathing underwater, you will proceed to do 2 ocean dives at wonderful Caño Island